6 miles of roundtrip running await participants
This September, railroad fans will be able to take control of historic steam locomotive no. 765 on 6 miles of roundtrip mainline railroad.
The Fort Wayne Railroad Historical Society, Inc.’s Throttle Time event will be held on September 18th and 25th and operate between the Cuyahoga Valley Scenic Railroad’s Fitzwater Yard and Brecksville, Ohio.
Participants will observe and receive instruction for approximately 30 minutes and operate the 765 for approximately 30 minutes at speeds up to 15MPH. Participants can also add 30 minutes in the fireman’s seat and professionally captured and edited video of the experience to their ticket. All participants must be 18 years of age or older, have a valid driver’s license and be in good health.
The Society is also offering a limited Throttle Time Package which includes 30 minutes of Throttle Time, 30 minutes of Firing Time, tickets to a steam excursion at Cuyahoga Valley and an exclusive tour to the Age of Steam Roundhouse.
• 30 minutes of Throttle Time: $999.00
• 30 minutes of Firing Time: $299.00
• GoPro add-on for Throttle Time: $99.00
• Throttle Time Package: $1,399.00
THROTTLE TIME PACKAGE
• approximately 30 minutes of Firing Time
• approximately 30 minutes of Throttle Time
• Two open-window car tickets for a CVSR steam excursion on 9/17 or 9/24 ($60.00 value)
• Two tour tickets for the Age of Steam Roundhouse on 9/16 or 9/23 ($88.00 value)
“This will be a once-in-a-lifetime experience for anyone that participates,” said Bill Otter, president of FWRHS. “There is rarely an experience at this duration or speed with an engine like the 765 in this country. Events like these are a great opportunity to realize a life-long dream, but they are also crucial to keeping the 765 operating for future generations.”
Additional announcements featuring the 765 in 2017 and 2018 are pending.