Submitted by Steve Winicker
LAST WEEKENDS SHOP ACTIVITY
Brody and Malachi looked for the interior end of the tender leak with no results. Malachi did some cleaning of windows and in the cab and the headlight. Most of the time was spent on the Wabash caboose, including painting the stove and working on the running boards. Brody spent some time trying to remove masking tape from the wall above the floor which has been painted on. Not an easy or quick task. Malachi finished up painting the roof edge nail heads.
Hopefully, I will be able to work with Brody on getting the remaining areas of the interior of the tank painted. Once the paint cures, we will fill the tank with water and make sure we find the source of the water in the coal bunker and design a repair. In a few weeks I plan on starting to make some additional arch brick.
COVID-19 Plan of Action !
- All building occupants are expected wear a mask and provide their own face covering when working in groups not able to maintain at least 6 feet of distance. (some masks are available at the shop)
- A pre-job briefing will be held each morning on how to limit the spread of the Corona virus.
- Specific emphasis on 6’ social / physical distancing (where possible)
- Wash hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds and practice good personal hygiene habits.(soap and water provided)
- The Society will provide disinfectant wipes and hand sanitizer in the shop.(also located on the counter by the sink)
- We are encouraging volunteers to stay home if they are sick. Must be fever free (less than 100.4 degrees) for 24 hours without medication before coming to the shop or other Society functions.(actually, we are insisting you not show up if sick, period)
- Properly attired visitors are permitted in the shop. Social distancing is required.
Further we are constantly monitoring the CDC and the State of Indiana for updates regarding preventative measures to communicate to our volunteers.
We continue to ask everyone to do their part. The best line of defense for protecting your health, and the health of those around you, is to practice good personal hygiene.
We appreciate your cooperation and understanding as we all strive to keep our employees and communities safe and healthy. We will continue to monitor the situation and keep you informed as we move forward.
FWRHS Board of Directors
SAFETY IS JOB 1
SAFETY FIRST ALWAYS