Submitted by Steve Winicker
LAST WEEKENDS SHOP ACTIVITY
It was a slow week on progress with the 765. Attention is shifting to Santa Train Preparation. Brody did make some progress with repairing some dings to the coal bunker braces made by the clam shell when unloading coal. Otherwise progress was minimal.
We will probably concentrate on cleaning up the locomotive so our young and old patrons will not get dirty looking at the machine and talking with
The new surge in cases around Indiana and other States reinforces the need to be cautious and follow the guidelines below and those put out by public health departments.
COVID-19 Plan of Action
All building occupants are expected wear a mask and provide their own face covering when working in groups not able to maintain at least 6 feet of distance. (some masks are available at the shop)
- A pre-job briefing will be held each morning on how to limit the spread of the Corona virus.
- Specific emphasis on 6’ social / physical distancing (where possible)
- Wash hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds and practice good personal hygiene habits.(soap and water provided)
- The Society will provide disinfectant wipes and hand sanitizer in the shop.(also located on the counter by the sink)
- We are encouraging volunteers to stay home if they are sick. Must be fever free (less than 100.4 degrees) for 24 hours without medication before coming to the shop or other Society functions.(actually, we are insisting you not show up if sick, period)
- Properly attired visitors are permitted in the shop. Social distancing is required.
Further we are constantly monitoring the CDC and the State of Indiana for updates regarding preventative measures to communicate to our volunteers.
We continue to ask everyone to do their part. The best line of defense for protecting your health, and the health of those around you, is to practice good personal hygiene.
We appreciate your cooperation and understanding as we all strive to keep our employees and communities safe and healthy. We will continue to monitor the situation and keep you informed as we move forward.
FWRHS Board of Directors
SAFETY IS JOB 1
SAFETY FIRST ALWAYS