Submitted by Steve Winicker
LAST WEEKENDS SHOP ACTIVITY
Not much to report this week. Hot weather and a lack of personnel made working on the Wabash caboose more appealing. Austin hooked up the rail washer line on Saturday.
Time is getting short. We are planning on doing a steam test the first of October in the morning. Before then, the tank interior needs to be painted, stay bolt tell tales need to be plugged and the steam dome cap put back on the engine. So, with cooler weather predicted this week I hope to make significant progress on painting the tank. If willing workers show up, we could also get the stay bolt tell tales plugged.
COVID-19 Plan of Action
- All building occupants are expected wear a mask and provide their own face covering when working in groups not able to maintain at least 6 feet of distance. (some masks are available at the shop)
- A pre-job briefing will be held each morning on how to limit the spread of the Corona virus.
- Specific emphasis on 6’ social / physical distancing (where possible)
- Wash hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds and practice good personal hygiene habits.(soap and water provided)
- The Society will provide disinfectant wipes and hand sanitizer in the shop.(also located on the counter by the sink)
- We are encouraging volunteers to stay home if they are sick. Must be fever free (less than 100.4 degrees) for 24 hours without medication before coming to the shop or other Society functions.(actually, we are insisting you not show up if sick, period)
- Properly attired visitors are permitted in the shop. Social distancing is required.
Further we are constantly monitoring the CDC and the State of Indiana for updates regarding preventative measures to communicate to our volunteers.
We continue to ask everyone to do their part. The best line of defense for protecting your health, and the health of those around you, is to practice good personal hygiene.
We appreciate your cooperation and understanding as we all strive to keep our employees and communities safe and healthy. We will continue to monitor the situation and keep you informed as we move forward.
FWRHS Board of Directors
SAFETY IS JOB 1
SAFETY FIRST ALWAYS