Submitted by Steve Winicker
LAST WEEKENDS SHOP ACTIVITY
Monday was spent waiting on supplies, working on the Wabash caboose and mowing. Tuesday Brody and I worked on applying paint to the inside of the tender. After some problems and frustration, we were able to get another 5 gallons of paint on the inside – mostly on the right side under the coal bunker. Two more paint kits are on order and will be applied once they arrive. Mowing and caboose work finished out the day. Friday a new supply of paint for the tank was picked up. Saturday was productive with the injector repacked and miscellaneous bolts tightened. Bill M and Craig B spent most of the day filling tell tales in the firebox, a task they completed. Once done Craig departed for home while Bill spent an hour painting the right side of the firebox.
The plan is to apply the remaining tender interior paint Tuesday and finish off painting the firebox and touching up whatever else we find that may need attention. The smoke box needs to be inspected and the front doors shut and fastened. Late in the week application of the steam dome will be on the schedule.
Also late in the week we should have springs for the bay window caboose and may need a couple of folks to assist with putting in the new springs.
COVID-19 Plan of Action !
- All building occupants are expected wear a mask and provide their own face covering when working in groups not able to maintain at least 6 feet of distance. (some masks are available at the shop)
- A pre-job briefing will be held each morning on how to limit the spread of the Corona virus.
- Specific emphasis on 6’ social / physical distancing (where possible)
- Wash hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds and practice good personal hygiene habits.(soap and water provided)
- The Society will provide disinfectant wipes and hand sanitizer in the shop.(also located on the counter by the sink)
- We are encouraging volunteers to stay home if they are sick. Must be fever free (less than 100.4 degrees) for 24 hours without medication before coming to the shop or other Society functions.(actually, we are insisting you not show up if sick, period)
- The shop will remain closed to public visitors. Properly attired visitors are permitted in the shop. Social distancing is required.
Further we are constantly monitoring the CDC and the State of Indiana for updates regarding preventative measures to communicate to our volunteers.
We continue to ask everyone to do their part. The best line of defense for protecting your health, and the health of those around you, is to practice good personal hygiene.
We appreciate your cooperation and understanding as we all strive to keep our employees and communities safe and healthy. We will continue to monitor the situation and keep you informed as we move forward.
FWRHS Board of Directors
SAFETY IS JOB 1
SAFETY FIRST ALWAYS