Saturday saw some big projects finished up and many more ready to be completed. We started the day by finishing up the T&G roof on the SW corner of the car. After that, Rich and I climbed to the top of the car and removed the tar paper from the cupola roof so we could apply the 1/4″ plywood and the rubber roof. To close the day, we talked about window frames and paint, and Sam and Brandon helped me to install the other two side grab irons. Sunday, Diane primed the under part of the roof above the porch and the bare rafters inside the car.
Looking ahead, here are the next steps:
– Rich W. is going to spend some time finishing up the cupola roof structure
– The interior needs to be cleaned well
– The cupola interior needs to be cleaned, wiped down and primed
– Side cupola
– Window frames made
– Tom will be working on the brake valve, which has been rebuilt and has returned to the shop
– Paint (I believe Steve is buying much of the paint in the near future)
I am unsure about my availability the next two weeks, however Rich W. does plan to be out and has a good idea of what needs to be done based on our conversations.
Thanks to all for the help and support on this Project.