In celebration of the 75th anniversary of Nickel Plate Road steam locomotive no. 765’s construction this month, the Fort Wayne Railroad Historical Society is announcing an incredible giveaway for its supporters: the chance to become a fireman or engineer on the 765 on September 30th at the Cuyahoga Valley Scenic Railroad!
Winners will operate the 765 on a six-mile roundtrip up to 15MPH with a three car train and learn the finer points of firing a mainline steam locomotive under the supervision of the Society’s experienced crew members.
Between September 8th and September 16th, enter to win at fortwaynerailroad.org/giveaway. On September 18th, three winners will be chosen.
For each channel you follow, you’ll be given an additional entry in the giveaway! The more you “like” or “follow” the Society, the greater your chance to win!
HOW TO WIN
- To enter, use the form entry below between September 8th-16th
- Enter your email address and complete the entry form
- Like or follow the Fort Wayne Railroad Historical Society on the following channels:
- To be able to operate the 765, winners must be 18 years of age or older and carry a valid driver’s license. One grand prize winner will be chosen.
- To be able to fire the 765, winners must be 16 years of age or older. Two winners will be chosen.
- Winners must provide their own lodging and transportation to 7600 Canal Road, Independence, Ohio.
- FWRHS and its partners reserve the right to substitute equipment, motive power or reschedule the event at any time.
- FWRHS reserves the right to revise terms, conditions, disclaimers and notices at any time.